Re: [T3] Getting a pressure sensor?

On 3 Dec 2002, at 13:37, Wade Shen wrote:

> I have set and reset the idle speed to 850 once the engine has warmed
> up.  However, the problem persists.  Another symptom seem to be a dead
> spot when the throttle is barely open.  The engine speed will actually
> drop by 100-150 rpm when the throttle is feathered.

On a 72, the vacuum retard should disappear as soon as you open
the throttle a bit. In your case you may not be opening it enough at
the point where you see the "dead spot," but you should check to
see that you ARE getting the proper timing response in this area. If
you're not, you can't expect anything else to be working right,
either.

-
Jim Adney, Associate Researcher
Plasma Physics, 608-262-4643