[T3] Composites and door panels?

Ever sense I watched John's enlightening discussion on composites I keep
thinking of all the cool things I could make. While on my drive home I
kept looking at the inside of my doors and wondered  what kind of door
panels that I want to get. Then fiberglass popped into my head AGAIN. So
what I want to do is make my door panels out of 'glass. I plan on making
them with a projection for speakers, as well as indents for the window
roller, and door release. Also I want to make raised designs in them
aswell. Maybe put VWType3.org along the bottom? Or the Type 3 logo? Who
knows.  The only thing that I haven't got in my head is how I'm going to
attach them to my doors. I don't really want to screw them to my doors,
Maybe attach those metal buttons to each side?

Questions: Is there special prep for attaching more 'glass to an
existing dried piece of material. IE: I make 1 flat piece and let it
dry/cure then later want to add another layer to it.

Thorkhild
68 VW BLUE Fasty
Darkside Apprentice