[T3] Thermostat Finally Installed

Hi list,

I just got my thermostat installed tonight. When I took the tin off I found
the flaps rod was jambed in between the head fins to hold the flaps open. It
actually looked like it had been pounded into the fins with a hammer or
something, because the rod was bent to the contour of the head fins!

Anyway, I managed to straighten it and install the bracket and other rod,
and it all works fine.

One thing I did notice when I had the tin off, directly above the rocker
cover the tin has a rounded 'ridge' running from front to back and looks as
if there is supposed to be a tube or hose running under there. Is there
something missing off my engine or is it something for fuel injected
engines?

Thanks,
Ben Doughney

'75 1200L