[T3] The "Freeway Flyer" transmission

<x-charset Windows-1252>Well...
I had to take my car up to an actual 84MPH to reach 4000 RPM so it appears
Per is right... there is something DARK in there.

I know the cal of the speedo and I cal'd the tach myself so it should be
fine (although I want to check it again just to be sure).

This car was purchased new in Germany and brought over to the US in 1974,
and was owned by a race car driver at one point.  Where might the rear end
gears come from?  Per mentioned a couple euro Super beetles but were the
aftermarket ring and pinion setups that could have been purchased at one
time??  would both the ring AND pinion be different??

Now I could swear that my old 73 Square was ALSO like this... and it was
purchased in Germany too... could this have  been a German market option to
cruise the Autobahn's??

Now I have to get the Notch out and Cal the Speedo....

Keith

Keith Park

Top Notch Restorations
topnotch@nycap.rr.com