Re: [T3] steamblowing

On 8/28/02 12:42 PM, "Steven Ayres" <comwest@att.net> wrote:

> ......cocooning around the
> TV and the disposable consumer culture that commercial TV creates. So,
> folks, if you care about the future of your society, turn off the tube --
> and more important, keep your kids away from it. Doing something with other
> people, whatever it is, makes everything better.

Instead of allowing TV, keep your kids busy with other pursuits.  For
example, my kids enjoy reading, gardening, and tinkering in the garage with
me, whether it's handing me tools for the cars, refinishing furniture or
assembling Cub Scout pinewood derby cars.  We keep them so busy there's
usually no time to even think about TV.  They rarely watch it.

By working along with me, they are learning the value of taking care of
their things, so I am hopeful that they will all enjoy driving and caring
for future Type 3s in the family!  I'd better start accumulating T3s now to
ensure an adequate supply for them.  ;)

-Mark Fuhriman
(militant anti-TV father of 5)