Re: [T3] Type 3 gods looking after me ..Was dropped valve seat MOFOCO

on 26/8/2002 1:48 PM, Martinez, Leon at martinezl@ftscpac.navy.mil wrote:

> Somebody mentioned Cryogenically treated heads,
> where do I get that done ? P.A. does Don do that ?

I am not sure where to get it done, but there was an article in one of the
VW mags a couple of months ago about it.
They bring the part down to a certain temperature below zero, and that does
something to the metal to make it stronger.

I don't really know much more about it.

Ben Doughney

'75 1200L
'63 1200 - Ringo