Re: [T3] looking @ '72 AT Fastback FS - the new beginning

Well after waiting almost a month for other buyers to come and go I am happy
to say that this baby is now mine:)   The vehicle's name is Maude but
somehow I suspect it will become Mod if you get my drift.  I do have another
Type 4 engine laying about after all;)  Mod is safely tucked away in my
brother-in-law's warehouse in Turlock where I will be pulling the motor and
starting the repairs.  The drive from Oakland to Turlock was uneventful even
though the left rear tire had some serious burn damage.  The right rear had
already failed which is a reflection of the fact that the fire was worse on
that side.  In the short term I'll have to scrounge up a couple of good
tires so that Mod can be moved about safely.

Hopefully the block isn't toast and I can re-use it.  I'll know more when
the engine is removed and I toss everything that isn't pure metal attached
to it.  Since just about everything on the engine was destroyed in the fire
and the computer might have suffered as well before it lost all power I'll
be looking for lots of replacement parts so if anyone has a really good deal
on '72 correct Type 3 FI components or would like to donate to the cause I
am sure that Mod would really appreciate it.

It was an interesting day altogether as we also picked up a '65 beetle which
came from my sister-in-laws boyfriend and, incidentally, has no paperwork.
Frankie and I really got sandbagged into that one:(  I would rate the beetle
as something you might find abandoned on the street but Frankie is more
optimistic about it than I am.  Anyway a two VW day is a pretty darn good
day IMO.

Thomas