Re: [T3] Flooding Gone, Still running rich, hesitating, hunting for idle...

<x-flowed>At 8:37 AM -0700 8/24/02, vw_type3 wrote:
 However, it seems that the injector is only part of the problem.  She's
 runs pretty well when warmed up, but is still hunting around for a good
 idle speed and seems to idle very low at startup (around 700-800 but
 then speeds up to 850-900 when she warms).  When I say hunting, I should
 note that the engine revs in predictable intervals (like a metronome).

Mine does this all the time as well, I have been told that this is "the way it is" with the d-jet system.

	The two most likely causes of hunt at idle are supposedly:

1) idle speed set too high -- the ecu cuts out the injectors to bring it back down, then they kick in again when the rpms drop, which brings the idle back up, then it gets too high again, ecu cuts out injectors again... etc.

	2) faulty auxiliary air regulator

-Greg