Re: [T3] Gene Berg Locking Shifter

<x-charset iso-8859-1>
This is what they want to sell you if you can't prove you bought something
directly from them (they requested my sales receipt).  They won't give ANY
tech support on phone or by mail.  This is what they told me I needed to
buy.  This right off their web site:

GB  800 "The Berg Book of Copyrighted Instructions" is a set of most of our
instructions  on  our  products.  It contains tips on installation, dos and
don'ts  on  many  of  the  products we sell. There are only a couple of our
instructions  that  are proprietary to our products which are not included.
This  book is offered to demonstrate how we support our customers when they
buy  our  products.  Some may apply to products you already have or provide
the  answers  to  the  problems you are having with someone else's products
that  we  do not sell. Required reading for all committed serious engine or
transaxle  builders.  Ideally  suited  for the novice to educate themselves
before  buying.  169  pages  of material, some with drawings, engine torque
chart  and  pictures.  Printed  and bound book with cover and back like our
catalog. SW 2#

Any special tips for just a grease job?
Thanks,
Diana

Hey Diana,
I'm curious what exactly was $30?  The shifter install/maintenance manual?

Sounds crazy.

I've never heard of having to maintain a shifter, except for maybe a
greasing
every 10 years or so.

Everett
'67 Squareback - my rod is greased (shift rod)