[T3] Gremlin was bad distributor, I think

<x-charset iso-8859-1>
Left from work to get lunch and that engine decided to backfire
and hesitate all of the time. I decided to go to VEE parts to get a
cap and rotor, I found that my old cap and rotor was grinding into each
other , moving the rotor manually, I found that the advance weight
springs were shot and the mechanical advance workings seemed to
be falling apart. My old cap and rotor have now a grind fit since the center

shaft decided to push up, My new rotor and cap will not fit at all.
I have a spare distributor in my basement.

I hope the replacement makes a big difference. I guess when my engine
slowed down in drive idle the wieghts banged as well as the knocking
from the crossfiring caused by cap/rotor grinding, ever heard of a dizzy
causing all of these problems ?

No wonder my car lost power.

LEON MARTINEZ