Re: [T3] Help!

In a message dated 8/20/02 9:41:06 PM Central Daylight Time,
rmbrad@velocitus.net writes:

<< Subj:     [T3] Help!
 Date:  8/20/02 9:41:06 PM Central Daylight Time
 From:  rmbrad@velocitus.net (Robert M. and Joanne Bradford)
 Sender:    type3@vwtype3.org
 To:    type3@vwtype3.org

 I am in the middle of tearing down my engine.  I have the Chilton book, but
 it isn't the best I have ever seen.  I need to know what size bolt holds the
 fan on the crank shaft?  The book doesn't say, and I don't have a large
 metric socket set.  Do I need a puller to get the fan off once I remove the
 bolt?

 How about some ideas on upgrades for this 1600 engine?  I don't want to go
 to wild.

 Thanks.

 Robert M. "Mike" Bradford
 Nampa, Idaho
 rmbrad@velocitus.net

Just go to your local VW flaps and ask for a generator (or alternator) belt
for your model VW. Ask him how to change a belt. He'll tell you.

Don Garies
dgaries808@aol.com