[T3] Parma and other aircooled events, car acted up

<x-charset iso-8859-1>
Glad you guys had fun. I guess the breakdowns and pranks
made things interesting. I guess those Type 2 dudes made
things interesting too. We have a large Type 2 club down here
that is pretty active, they are usually pretty cool folks.

I got to go at least to Ensenada to a VW Fiesta Sunday
morning. It was cool, interesting and very loud, some cars were
more stereos than engines.
The aircooled clubs down there really kicked Butt , I counted 4 clubs from
Ensenada, 5 from Tijuana and 2 from Mexicali. Type 3's were
not sold down there but they have several in each club. Some folks came from

Los Angeles and Arizona.

My car seemed to be acting up that Sunday morning .  Hesitating and
shutting down at stop signs etc... My top speed was limited to a little
less than 80 MPH (oops , not supposed to say that ) and sometimes ran
on three cylinders and top speed was 55 MPH

Yesterday my car got worse when I got home from San Diego.
It stopped on a hill in front of signal lights, many were honking behind
me.

At home I checked my plug wires and found several mysterious black spots
and discolored trails (spark jumping ?), I cleaned all of my wires and it
seemed to
work better, but not as expected, I then checked my fuel filter, I blew into

it and can you beleive it , no matter how hard I blew I could not get any
air out,
no wonder I could hear the pump and fuel going through the pipes while I was
in my
car. With a new filter I cannot hear fuel or the pump now .

The car was working much better now but still not as expected. I checked the

pressure sensor and it was boiling hot after a drive , it was either the
bad windings or the header is cooking it while at extended stops at a light.
This was my franken sensor. I replaced it with a 'virgen' new one that I
have
An all random hesitation went away .

I had multiple faults in my engine.

My car ran smooth this morning with good acceleration for an auto but
on the freeway, the speeds are limited to 80MPH (oops), maybe I
need to make another franken sensor to go faster or I have an advancement
weight in my distributor stuck. I will check my Distributor later.

While I was working on my car some teenagers came to bug me on the
Fasty I had in my yard. They wanted parts from it and even inspected it when
I was
away (what happened to my 3 big dogs ?) I told them no parts are for sale,
they insisted by telling me 'what good was having a non running car if one
can sell the
parts', I told them that it was running , that I had to drive it earlier to
the parts store for
my Square. They insisted it was a lie because the car was covered with dust
and had some chicken poop. I told them this was a dusty area and that I
washed
the car a day before and that the chickens were not mine but have invaded my

property and trees from a nearby canyon. They went along and I made sure I
had
'The Club' on my Fasty, you never know.... The car is a project that I am
working on my
spare time, the teenagers seem to be 14 and 15 , they seem to live 3 blocks
away
and have there own project, I let them know that I can get parts for them
but they
seemed pissed off that they did not have access to my Fasty's parts.

I will go to an event this weekend at a local Winery / Park (called Deer
Park)
San Diego Ttype 3 Group members should be there. This place has big trees
and several
antique automotive museums.

LEON MARTINEZ