Re: [T3] Door side seat belt threaded holes??

<x-charset iso-8859-1>Dave said:
>I would love to have a truly functioning seat belt in my Notch, but there
are no threaded holes on the door side sills...anywhere!!?? What gives? But
there are two on opposite sides of the tunnel. What is going on here? Anyone
have an explanation?   thought maybe the holes were higher up on the pillar
and maybe that it had had retractable seat belts?? Not on the 65's though,
were there? I'd love some help here. It even stumped the guys at ISP West.
Thanks for any help.

As a couple other people said, the early cars only had provisions for
2-point shoulder belts - door pillar to center tunnel.   My '63 Variant has
lap belts, I believe they were dealer-installed.  They just drilled a hole
through the bottom of the heater channel and out through the bottom of the
floorpan.  I added some photos to the page on my site dedicated to the '63:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/scrapbook/63variant/

Hope that helps,
Everett Barnes
everettb@thesamba.com