Re: [T3] Primer

On 12 Aug 2002, at 8:31, Erick wrote:

> But the thing is, is that I am not going to drive the fasty during the winter
> months. When the first snow falls, its over until Full-restore. Also I would
> like to include that all the fenders are being junked. They all have some sort
> of issue that is alomost irreversable and I would just rather buy good,
> straight used/new ones.

Don't get rid of your old fenders until you have good proper replacements
installed. You may find that the parts you are looking for are a lot harder to
find than you expected.

> So this is my justification for using the cheapo rattle can shhhttuuufff.
> Normally I use the good stuff only becuae it is quality and it lasts years
> longer. I plan on sand blasting the whole body down and doing it right, once!

Rattle can spray paint can be good. You don't have to do a fancy job to
preserve the metal underneath. If you just want to get it one color, spray your
choice of lacquer overcoat on it. Just forget about sanding down to the metal
and priming it. This will work better than sanding and priming and gives lots
more choices of color than primer.