Re: [T3] Primer

Totally man, I would ahte to kill it with rust. I see
all of you guys on the list that have had toreplace
panels, heater channels, and who knows what else. I
then look at my fasty and there is no rust in any of
thsoe spots, at all!!! I have a bad prob under the
rear window and eng compartment storage. I do have to
replace them. But I think of all the places there is
to replace I think that where my fasty has rust is the
easier task.
But the thing is, is that I am not going to drive the
fasty during the winter months. When the first snow
falls, its over until Full-restore. Also I would like
to include that all the fenders are being junked. They
all have some sort of issue that is alomost
irreversable and I would just rather buy good,
straight used/new ones. So this is my justification
for using the cheapo rattle can shhhttuuufff. Normally
I use the good stuff only becuae it is quality and it
lasts years longer. I plan on sand blasting the whole
body down and doing it right, once! I have all the
nec. tools to do this job too just no space. I am sure
all of you know what I mean.
So lastly I am going to just *cover* the thing until I
can get it stored in a few months.
I know its not the right way but I am sick of looking
at the 5 different colors on this car.
But when I do have the space, time, and supplies I
will ask you guys how to properly paint a car. It
sucks having all the tools and no space. Because of
this I have no experience with a compressor and paint
gun.

This would be
> the equiv of a maaco paint job, but will cost you
> less, might not last
> 5-10 years, but it will by FAR outlast primer.
> Don't kill your VW!!
> PLEASE!
>
> -Johnny

=====
Erick the daddy 68 fasty
Updated 8/4/02
http://community.webshots.com/album/19887209ssBljlIzPh http://community.webshots.com/album/24709950SAghTTbUHL http://community.webshots.com/album/41466306gEEGgO http://community.webshots.com/album/45233956bBVuUD