Re: [T3] Stopped by the police today for the first time since1987

<x-charset iso-8859-1>Keith said,
Leon touches on why most of the automatics Id seen had Fried motors. Holding
say
65MPH, with a slower engine speed will run the engine hotter due to less
cooling
air... a significant consideration. Keith
Holding 65 mph is not a problem with cooling , it is in a pretty good temp
range
unless I am going on a good uphill for a bit. A stickshift should be cooler
all
around because of faster engine speeds .

Only see overheating when going 'steep' uphill and losing acceleration,
otherwise
it stays cool, that's according to my head temp gauges. My oil is overcooled
so
I do not monitor the oil temps.

LEON