Re: [T3] motor in

    I was out in the garage until 1:30 AM last night, and got
everything finished!  With two little kids you have to make time
somehow.  Anyway, the boys and I took a shakedown cruise around the
block and discovered a clog jet in one carb (I think).  I backed up
the hill in my driveway for the first time ever.
    However, I discovered leaking axle bearing seals on both sides
(from the weep holes).  Because it's both sides, I assume I got some
thing wrong during assembly.  I reread all my manuals (5!), and
remember I was also confused before.  They all show an illustration or
description that contradicts themselves or what my '66 has.  The
question I have is where to put the paper gasket (kit comes with two)
in relation to the backing plate and the large bearing O.D. o-ring.
If I remember correctly, when I assembled it, I used one gasket on the
bearing cover, with the o-ring up against the bearing housing.  But
because the gasket I.D. matches the bearing O.D., the gasket gets
partly folded into the bearing cover chamfer (intended for the
o-ring).  It sounds like I put the o-ring on the wrong side of the
gasket, but at the time this didn't seem right.  My description is
confusing, but if anyone can remember how this should go email me, I'm
going to disassemble tomorrow afternoon.

Peter Parker
'66 Square; Phillip
Portland, OR