Re: [T3] Fastback motor buildup

On 8 Aug 2002, at 15:23, Bryan Castles wrote:

> But I thought it was a really bad idea to build a "big motor" for use with
> the T3 cooling system.  Is this not necessarily true?  Because I'd much
> rather take that route if I can get it to work good.

It's possible that a T1 cooling system in a T1 car is better than a T3 cooling
system in a T3 car, I really don't know. I think that the CFM of the T# cooling
fan is actually a bit more than the T1 fan, so I actually doubt this premise.

Either way this turns out to be, the fact remains that any attempt to put
either cooling system in the other body will lead to incompatabilities and
headaches. If your car is a T3 stick with a T3 engine arrangement.

The T4 arrangement can be made to be similar enough to the T3 that it will
work just fine, but the other mods necessary are a lot of work.