[T3] New motor break in questions

<x-flowed>

I rebuilt my first ever motor, a 1776 for my 68 square! I have about 140 miles on it so far and had valve cover problems and oil sprayed everywhere. I fixed the oil leak, pressure washed the engine and went on an hour long trip, no leaks but after car was hot lots of smoke seen at low speeds and when parked. Should I be concerned or do you think it is just oil in the cooling tin that will eventually burn off on its own?
After we pulled off the freeway, the oil light flickers but a quick feather to the gas solves that. My pressure gauge at idle at this point reads 6 to 7 psi. Is that normal on a new motor? While on freeway after engine is warm, At 60 mph it produces about 30 psi oil pressure on my vdo. I am running 10w40 oil right now. Should I be running detergent?
The archives are down, and I am trying to make sure it will make the long trip to PARMA!
Thanks for your help,
Mike Aronson
68 square