Re: [T3] Stopped by the police today for the first time since1987

On Wed, 2002-08-07 at 17:00, Martinez, Leon wrote:

> Greg,
>
> I do not have a rev counter since the pertronix will not work with
> two that I have , do you know of a brand/type of counter that will
> work with my setup ?
>
> I beleive that my final gear ratio is around 3.65:1 .
> My setup is the stock !600 , balanced crank, MOFOCO
> heads with almost stock size valves, total seal rings,Thunderbird exhaust
> from the junkyard, hydraulic tappets (lifters), Swivel valve
> adjusters, filter with 150 plate mesa cooler, automatic tranny and
> stock EFI with untampered pressure sensor.

The final drive ratio in an M249 is 3.67:1. The factory spec. for a Type
36 M249 max speed is 81 at 4250 rpm. This would be quoted with 6.00x15
bias ply tires. or I think with 165x15R tires. If the front tires are
stock, and the rears are oversized, I wouldn't be suprised at the 95 mph
"calibrated"

--
Russ Wolfe
'66 FB MT (It drove)