[T3] Stopped by the police today for the first time since 1987

<x-charset iso-8859-1>
This happened today:

I am so used to driving fast in the morning when the cops are asleep.
(about 5 AM) , that cruising at 95 MPH with impudence is not a problem.
Today I stayed home until 12 noon to go to work late. I applied my
morning undisciplined judgement and proceeded to cruise at 95 MPH
and even hit 100 MPH a couple of times. As I cruised HIGHWAY 5 at this
scarry
speed for a few minutes , I noticed a large black car in the distant ,
it kept pace with me for about 5 minutes, I thought it was just another
car that was going as fast as I,  then the car got really close and then I
noticed it was a police car with no top light bar, it did not perform it's
light
show for about  3 minutes , I slowed down to a creeping 65 miles per hour
and proceeded to the slowest lane too see if he would continue on his
way, he followed me and proceeded with his light show, I stopped .
Man, I was bummed , I knew I deserved a very large fine and was
ready to accept what was going to be given me, after all, the police
officer studied my speed for more than a while.

He came over to my door and said " does yo know how fast yer
were doin, sonny ? " and I said , " no sir I did not notice my  velocity",
he said " Well sonny, I clocked you on my caliberated speedometer
for 5 minutes and you were doin 95 and maybe a bit more ."
I said with an astonished look, " Gosh sir I did not know that I was
going 95 MPH, wow. "  He then said  " Sonny , I did not beleive it
either , that is why it took me so long to stop you , I was double checking
make sure , you know , vintage car and all.

I gave him my license and then left to his police car to run my
life on the computer. The wait seemed like forever and my heart was
racing , not eager to see what he would write in his report, I expected
much uglyness and probably a 500 dollar fine or something.

He came back with my licence and told be to drive carefully and
have a good day , then he left and drove off slowly.

With license in hand I was bewildered, astonished and wondered,
what had just happened ? No fine or paper given, just like that.
I guess having a vintage car with a frumpy look (stock) does make make it
speed stealth , I guess he still did not beleive the speed my little car can
go.
Does my car have power brought down from the Type 3 gods, does
my government employment coat me with Teflon ?

I cannot condone speeding or lying, sorry, I do see that I commited
some sins here,  will try to slow down, I will kick my addiction.

LEON MARTINEZ