Re: [T3] 1968 Notch update

<x-charset iso-8859-1>> > Henrik Larsson wrote:
> > It seems like the car has a different idle rpm every time I release the
> > throtle. The lowest is around 850 rpm (the idle that I set) but ofthen
> > the idle is around 1500 rpm.

> From: "Jim Adney"
> Is it catching on the fast idle cam?

I'm with Jim.  It seems to me that something is catching or binding.  Check
for free operation of the fast idle cam/coil spring.  It is a very common
area to get gummed up.  Once I had the accelerator pump connecting rod
tweaked a little after adjusting it and it wouldn't return to idle at all.
Make sure both operate freely from idle position to wide open throttle.
Also make sure the long throttle arm(s) are adjusted so that the ball
sockets are in the same plane and that they are greased - same goes for
little arms on the carbs that connect the pivot to the throttle plate.

You can also refer to the 32 PDSIT adjustment manual on my website.

Good Luck!

Freddie Lochner
69notch@aircooled.net
www.geocities.com/sixtyninenotch/pdsit