[T3] engine assembly techniques

<x-flowed>Hi Folks
I am reassembling my engine and have a couple of questions

(1) is "green" a standard color with thread locker.  That is is
green permatex threadlocker at all similar to green loctite?
Also, there seems to be little disagreement that one ought to
use this stuff on your rod nuts.  Does anybody advise against this?

(2) There seems to be alot of disagreement about using "assembly lube"
or lubriplate.  As two of my most trusted sources (berg and the bentley
manual) disagree, I thought I would ask the list.  I am guessing the
difficulty one gets into with assembly lube is it might mess up the oil
circulation?

Thanks

Jim "Kennewick Man" Rustad
71 FI square