Re: [T3] Retorquing heads

On 28 Apr 2002, at 15:18, Keith Park wrote:

> The great Guru doent have a good T3 engine ready for a long trip?

I have this 73 that has been waiting for a new engine for over 10 years. In that
time it has spent a couple years at the body shop and a summer in my
driveway being reassembled. Right now it's in storage. Most of the interior is
ready, although I don't have good carpet there; Anyone got any OE late
carpet, dark blue, 72-3? The engine that it came with had been "fixed up" by
some PO who had no idea what they were doing. While it runs okay now,
there were cooling parts missing when I got it and signs of gross overheating.

I just want to get this car finished, and Parma is a good excuse for that. I
have ALL the parts here, ready to go. The case has been to RIMCO and
back and all the internals have been to Berg: CW crank, full flow oil filter,
everything balanced. "ALL" I need to do is clear off a place to work and do
the slow careful assembly that will assure that it's done right.

It will be returning to FI from the dual Brazilian Solexes that are on it now.
They seem to work okay, but I just couldn't see driving carbs while
espousing FI.  ;-)