Re: [T3] '67 Notchback

On 27 Apr 2002, at 9:47, Daniel Baum wrote:

> Can you legally register a car with  German license plates in North
> Carolina? Or would you put the proper plates back on once a year when it's
> time to reregister it, like they do in England?

You're required to have the correct plates on the car any time it is on the
road in the US. Of course this is likely to be more strongly enforced in some
places than in others, but I would not expect a car with German plates to be
ignored for long; it's just clearly not the same thing as an out of state plate,
or even a plate from Canada or Mexico.

BTW, I saw an SUV on the road here last summer with plates from Hawaii. I
don't think I have ever seen any of those before.