RE: [T3] Thermostat Help

On Fri, 2002-04-26 at 12:04, Jaranson, John (J.W.) wrote:
> My 66 Square (6V) has the smaller diameter generator.  Seeing as it was the last year for 6V, my assumption is that there would have been two different diameter 12V generators.  I know that my 71 has the larger diameter 12V generator.  So it happened somewhere btween 68 and 71.
>
> Either way, make sure the fan housing matches your generator diameter. <G>

There were 2 different diameter 6V generators, BUT the larger one was
only used on Police and Ambulance service vehicles. There were 2
different 12V generators, but the difference was in the wire terminals,
not the diameter. The early 12V's had push on style connectors, and the
the later had studs with nuts. I am not sure when the change was made,
but my '69 parts car has the push on connectors.
BTW, I have never re-torqued VW heads, unless I was chasing a pulled
head stud.

--
Russ Wolfe
'66 FB MT (It drove)