From: Heather Ann Riggs [mailto:type3addict@yahoo.com]
Sent: Friday, April 26, 2002 11:44 AM
To: type 3 list
Subject: RE: [T3] POR 15 Question, with Text this time..

I removed all of my tarboard, even on the tunnel, and
there really wasn't any rust on the tunnel. I would
recomend unless you see prominent rust coming from
underneath. there really isn't any reason to take it
off. I probably will be using the McMaster board that
was mentioned earlier.

when I torched my undercoating I only did it because
we were repairing some of the wheel well sections that
we fabricated/welded in. I just finished the job by
torching the rest of the useless undercoating, and
using a spatula to scrap it off.

If your undercoating isn't flaking off, or is still
intact, dont touch it. It's a pain in the A$$ to get
off, smells like ____, it takes a looong time to do.

I have not yet found a good undercoating, but this
"rubberized" undercoating sounds interesting...

BTY Where can you get it and what is it called?

-Heather
'71 Fastback
'73 Wesfalia w/2.0