RE: [T3] converting a 6v generator to 12v

<x-charset Windows-1252>In a search I found one mention of being able to "rewind" or convert a 6v
generator to increase it's output to 12v, it was stated that this was
"unreliable"  Can anyone comment pro or con as to why I would or would not
want or be able to do this?

As usual, a couple of calls to local businesses turned up with, "dunno, it's
pooossiible, bring it in and let me take a look"  Can anyone on this list
give me a more definitive answer before I let them "take a look" or worse
yet, dive into my good working generator and have them screw it all up.

Yes, I'm perfectly aware that my 6v system is doing a fine job of powering
my car and existing equipment along it's merry way, but having not had much
luck finding an am/fm 6v radio + it'd be nice to see (better) at night I'm
back to considering converting.

Travis
'66 Fastback
www.t3.vwherb.com