Re: [T3] Work to do...

On 18 Apr 2002, at 23:34, Mike Wodkowski wrote:

> Going to get that head sensor installed and that new caliper on. I'm
> thinking about you Jim, thanks for your patience...

No problem. I know you'll get to it all as soon as you can.

> Is there any good method for bleeding the brakes SOLO??? Do those Eastwood
> gizmos work? Its hard to find willing victims to give me a hand when I have the
> chance to do it.

Sure, no problem. The only gizmo you need is 18" of clear plastic tubing
from the hardware store, 1/4" ID, I think, so it fits snugly on the bleed valves,
and a pop bottle. Then just open the valve, slip the hose on there and stick
the other end in the bottle. Don't worry about backflow; it doesn't really
happen if you have a hose there. The ONE thing you really need to worry
about is that you not draw the reservoir down empty and suck air in that end.

> Otherwise, since I'm not dong a full conversion to silicone fluid, please
> advise as to the type of brake fluid I'm looking for...

Just buy a can of cheap DoT-3. That stuff is so cheap that you can buy a
quart and not worry about whether you'll have enough.

-
Jim Adney
jadney@vwtype3.org
Madison, WI 53711-3054