Re: [T3] D-Jetronic vs dual carbs

On 18 Apr 2002, at 11:51, James Altemus wrote:

> I'm picking up my '68 Fastback today, and one of my first question pertains to
> the fuel system.  The original fuel injection has been pulled in favor of duel
> Solexs.  If I'm not building a 100 point show car (though I plan on making it
> easy to return to its stock form) is it worth trouble to collect and install all
> the D-Jetronic stuff?  Or should I rebuild the Solexs and be happy?

The short answer is that you should probably just leave it the way it is.

It can certainly be returned to FI, but if you're not familiar with the FI system
there is a !LOT! to learn to get this done. Plus there are a lot of parts you will
have to buy. If by some chance you got all the old parts when you bought the
car, then this is more feasible, but it still won't be easy, and you have to plan
on replacing some parts anyway if they have been out of service for a long
time.

This would be much easier if you had help, or if there was another 68 with FI
nearby which you could look at, possibly with an owner who could help you.

Where do you live?

-
Jim Adney
jadney@vwtype3.org