RE: [T3] Newbie question

On 16 Apr 2002, at 11:45, Hugo wrote:

> Both the donor and the receiver are 68's so other than
> the dipstick issue it sounds like I should be able to
> transfer the cooling system and tinware over and be
> pretty close to usable.

I think you can still use the type 1 dipstick, but you'll have to pry the breather
cap off the breather each time you want to add oil. This will rather quickly
make the breather cap so that it no longer stays in place and it will get lost.

If the type 3 engine is still FI you will find that you don't have the boss on the
left head for the temp sensor. If you want to use whatever carb(s) the type 1
engine has you will have to make a different carb linkage. This no minor task.

We wish you luck. It will be a fair amount of work but it IS doable.