RE:[T3] t1 and t3 mc

 Well the biggest difference is that a bug MC has tapped threads and the
type3 is drilled thru. What I mean by that is on a bug the master cylinder is
bolted on from the inside off the car, while on a type3 it slides over studs
on the outside (under) the car. Also I think the shape is a little different.
If I remember right I paid a lot less than that at my local carquest dealer
when I bought one for my wife's Fastback. I hope this helps you out.
Bob 65 Notch S w/ Sunroof