Re: [T3] running rough (update)

On 16 Apr 2002, at 7:50, Drake . wrote:

> Will a lack of noise suppression plug wires cause a problem with the FI
> system? Just curious, since you mentioned this, it occured to me that I dont
> know if the wires I have are noise suppression wires or not.

No, I don't think so. It's just that the OE wire sets are often replaced in the
hope that this will fix or improve something. In general, it doesn't. The OEM
Bosch SP connectors will work as well or better than anything else you can
buy and the OE right angle dist ends that came with the car are BETTER
than anything else you can buy.

If you stick with these parts, you can easily replace just the wires and the
SP ends when they occasionally open up. This is the best system you can
find anywhere for your type 3. Everything else is a waste of money and
usually a downgrade.

-
Jim Adney
jadney@vwtype3.org