Re: [T3] gen light

On 16 Apr 2002, at 7:46, Grant Voigt wrote:

> Hate to bug everyone with simple things, but I need answers. I haven't had a
> chance to look through repair manuals yet (am at work), but when I went to
> start my fastback this morning the gen light wouldn't go off. The fastback has
> a OEM type 1 engine with dual carbs on it.  The engine is very new, the gen
> is old though. I should have a little bit of day light left when I get home,
> what should I check??? I can go get a volt meter if I need one also.

My GUESS is that this is just a warning shot across your bow about the
type 1 engine overheating in the type 3 cooling environment.

The light just means that the generator is not charging. I'll send you my
generator FAQ that will let you diagnose the immediate problem.

-
Jim Adney
jadney@vwtype3.org
Madison, WI 53711-3054