Re: [T3] My mis-matched FI

On 15 Apr 2002, at 13:35, Drake . wrote:

> >You're timing it like a 73, which is what I would do. Did you re check the TVS?
>
> No I unfortunately didnt get a chance to do that as of yet.

That's pretty easy, so I'd do that next. It will also allow you do do a more
complete test in the next step.

> >Maybe you need to pull the brain out and check all the connections
> >thru the brain connector and back. Maybe something isn't really
> >connected.
> >This is EASY if you have the real FI tester, but it can certainly be > done
> >with a VOM.
>
> Thats something I was actually thinking about doing as well. Is there an
> actual connector inside the brain that all the wiring connects to?  I havent
> opened mine up to check it out yet.

Yes, you slide back the plastic cover on the brain and pull the 25 pin
connector straight out. Then you can measure back into the wiring harness
and verify that everything is connected properly. You can do all this with a
VOM, but it will take some time.

While you're there, make note of which E brain you have.