Re: [T3] My mis-matched FI

<x-flowed>>You're timing it like a 73, which is what I would do. Did you re check the
>TVS?

No I unfortunately didnt get a chance to do that as of yet.

>Maybe you need to pull the brain out and check all the connections
>thru the brain connector and back. Maybe something isn't really
>connected.
>This is EASY if you have the real FI tester, but it can certainly be > done
>with a VOM.

Thats something I was actually thinking about doing as well. Is there an
actual connector inside the brain that all the wiring connects to?  I havent
opened mine up to check it out yet.

>Things to check: fuel pressure, charging voltage (I think you've done >
>that), injector spray patterns, verify that vac adv. AND mech advance > are
>both working smoothly. If none of these pan out, you're stuck
>with testing by substitution: brain, PS, FI trigger contacts, ....

I have checked the voltage, 13.5vdc & 14.8vdc. I also replaced the plugs
recently, and checked out their condition. 2,3 & 4 were all great looking, a
nice tan color. #1 was not looking correct though, it w2as dark. This was
however also when #1 was not firing correctly mainly due to the valves being
too tight I believe. I have put new plugs in and will check them again after
some milage is put on them. I have checked out the injector pattern on #1
and #2, at the time #1 seemed to be causing the problem, so I havent checked
out the spray on the other two. Vacuum and Mechanical advance seem to be
working, I do need to verify that 100% though...along with the fuel
pressure.

>Where are you located?

San Jose, Ca.

</x-flowed>