Re: [T3] Was...Low power until the engine warms up...Now 72 timing

On 14 Apr 2002, at 20:38, matthew neumiller wrote:

> when i perform the test on my car, the injectors fire
> in pairs both on one side, 3 & 4.  i haven't been able
> to get out to check the other two yet by turning the
> engine so the dizzy rotate 180 degrees (the car is at
> our farm 25 miles away).  is this possible, and if so,
> is it correct?

Drake was right. They should fire in pairs: 1 with 4, and 2 with 3. There's no
easy way to get 3 & 4 to fire together, but if the FI wiring harness has been
hacked up it might just be put back together wrong.

You may also be wrong about 3 & 4 firing together. When they are this close
it's impossible to do this by sound unless you unplug them one at a time.
Another easy way is to put your hand on them one at a time. I find that I can
feel which one is firing.

-
Jim Adney
jadney@vwtype3.org