Re: [T3] Ignition Timing and Carbs...Solved!!!

 >Can you just swap this throttle body with the one on the other side where the
>port is not used, or does that body not have a port? It certainly makes me
>wonder how this carb lasted all this time...

       ........I just used a throttle body off of one
of my parts carbs that had a very tight shaft also. It
also cam from the same side and had the port.

>Does this appear to be a complete OE carb?

             Yes, this appears to be a complete OEM
carb. No little aluminum "rebuild tags" present. In
fact, even the bowl screw head slots were very clean
and unmolested making me think this carb had either
never been rebuilt previously, or had been done by
a careful hand. This coupled with the fact that the
throttle shafts were quite snug and had never been
re-bushed, leads me to believe these carbs had very
little mileage on them. Maybe because they could never
be adjusted right. Just food for thought...

Marc
1967 Fastback

Sign up today at http://mail.lycos.com