Re: [T3] Auto Trans Overflow/Leak

On 12 Apr 2002, at 16:41, Daniel Baum wrote:

> Didn't mean to offend anyone.

No offense taken. I just see too many "FI" problems that turn out to be pretty
ordinary problems that were too quickly blamed on the FI just because the
owners felt that the problem MUST lie within the only part of the car that they
didn't think they understood.

In general, the FI is quite reliable and trouble-free. It gets in trouble when
parts get mixed up, or when people start to think that they know better than
the designers, so they can start changing things. Most of these things are
rather easily fixable, but some such tinkering is irreversable because there's
no way to get the parts back to where they started. I'm thinking of the
pressure sensors here....

-
Jim Adney
jadney@vwtype3.org