Re: [T3] Was...Low power until the engine warms up...Now 72 timing

On 12 Apr 2002, at 8:38, Drake . wrote:

> Ok, thanks ill check the schematics, and attempt to set the switch
> correctly. Question about these contacts that you are adjusting, what
> function do they perform?

It tells the brain that the throttle is on full idle. On some cars that will shut off
all gas on overrun. On the later cars, like your 72, I think it allows the brain to
go into a mode that lets it tolerate the extra retard that you get there.

I'm not sure of all the effects on some of these. I'll be interested to see if it
helps your idle problem. It won't help operation off idle, however.

-
Jim Adney
jadney@vwtype3.org
Madison, WI 53711-3054