Re: [T3] Fuel smell

<x-charset iso-8859-1>> Also, I am not sure as to the accuracy of the fuel gauge when there is
very little petrol in the tank. At the moment, it jumps up just past the "R"
when I turn the ignition on. I think there's about 3 liters in there. If the
petrol went down below a certain level, would it suddenly show nothing at
all?

My gauge always seems to drop faster the lower it gets.

In my experience, the gauges are inaccurate once they get down to a certain
level, I've run out of gas one time where the gauge was at the top of "R".
In the same car, I ran it quite far past that without any problem.

I am really bad about filling up with gas and have run out of gas in almost
every VW I've owned at least once.  Not in my current '67 Square though...
<crosses fingers>

Although, in my defense, a lot of them were early VWs without gas gauges.
;)

Everett
everettb@thesamba.com