[T3] 73 type 3 with wavy windows

Something I keep meaning to ask about:

I have a 73 square that was in beautiful condition when I bought it with 30k
miles in 1990. The only problem with it was that all the fixed side windows
have "waves" in them. They are really poor quality glass and yet they appear
to be original. OTOH only one of them has the Securit brand name on it while
the other 3 are a brand that I don't remember and don't recall seeing before.

Has anyone else seen this? Was it just a sign of the demise of the type 3s
and VWs cheapening of the line in the final year?

Not their finest hour....