Re: [T3] Engine Update

<x-charset iso-8859-1>The only number I can see on the pressure sensor is 242 103 10250 The
sticker I believe has the company name Python, it also says remanufactured.
It looks like it has been replaced quite recently. There is no black plastic
cover that I can see. The rear end of it looks like there is a reddish
colored sealant of some type in the center, possibly epoxy.

I checked through the book of receipts I have but unfortunately could not
locate one for the pressure sensor. I did however find out that the
injectors, and ECU were replaced in 95. Fuel pressure regulator, both front
brake calipers, and clutch cable replaced in 01. Also found out that a
couple of the previous PO's took the thing in to get oil changes, and just
about every oil weight known to man had been put in the previous engine at
one time or another.

I gave the dist number in another email but its 311 905 205 A-B or 0 231 136
008, with a #265 vac arm. Both numbers are on the dist, first one under the
latter.

Thanks again for all the help
Drake
72 square FI...71 block, 73 brain, :)

>  Its a new (well rebuilt longblock) U0434371 >> This started its life as a
71.
> CU15X: Control Unit 15, exchange: 1972-3 VW type 3.
> 0 280 000 048: 73 VW type 3.

> I guess we need one more piece of information. What pressure sensor do
> you have? Does it have a round black plastic cylinder stuck on it's rear
end?
> If it doesn't, you'll probably need to pull it out to get the number off
it.

> If it's a 72-3 with the black rear end, then you will need to time it like
a 73.

</x-charset>