Re: [T3] Engine Update

On 9 Apr 2002, at 18:00, Drake wrote:

> Its a new (well rebuilt longblock) U0434371

This started its life as a 71.

> I found a number of numbers on the brain Then on the back there is a
> "remanufactured by bosch" sticker the following numbers are on it  224705,
> thats a small number sideways on the sticker. CU15X is a large number in the
> center or it might be OU15X, its rubbed off some. The last number is at the
> bottom and might be 0280 000 048 090, again not too sure about the first 4

CU15X: Control Unit 15, exchange: 1972-3 VW type 3.

0 280 000 048: 73 VW type 3.

I guess we need one more piece of information. What pressure sensor do
you have? Does it have a round black plastic cylinder stuck on it's rear end?
If it doesn't, you'll probably need to pull it out to get the number off it.

If it's a 72-3 with the black rear end, then you will need to time it like a 73.