Re: [T3] wierd wobble

On 9 Apr 2002, at 21:32, Wilson wrote:

> I have a strange problem with my 69'Square. When travelling at speeds of 55
> and steering into a left turn (mind you it is a slow highway curve, not a
> fast sharp raod curve) my front end starts shaking. I slow down and it is
> fine. Any ideas?

There are several things to check:

The steering damper.

Play or looseness in the upper torsion bar/arm. The LH arm often comes
loose from the bar leaving this part floating. To test grab the top of either front
wheel and yank it sideways, back and forth. There should be no play.

Tires: inflate to 20/30 psi F/R. Check for cupping, out of round, out of balance.

-
Jim Adney
jadney@vwtype3.org
Madison, WI 53711-3054