Re: [T3] Rose joints

On 10 Apr 2002, at 9:28, Bert Van der Jeught wrote:

> I once read that the stock connectionrods of the carburettors of the dual
> set-up bend when the engine is hot.
> Thus desynchronisating the set-up.
>
> 1. Is this true?
> 2. What do you think of rosejointed(I think that's what they call)
>    rods.
>
> I made of photo of what I mean. Check it at:
> http://photos.yahoo.com/bert_van_der_jeught
>
> Second page!
>
> What do you think?
> Unnessacary or an upgrade?

Took me a minute to find the second page, but....

These look nice but I wouldn't think they'd make an important improvement.
They look like they could increase the mass suspended off the carb linkage
significantly and could thus increase shaft wear.

I hadn't heard that this was a problem, but I'd like to hear what some carb
folks have to say.

-
Jim Adney
jadney@vwtype3.org