RE: [T3] RE: Just reinstalled engine questions

	You can always watch the valves work as a friend turns the engine
over by hand.  Each valve will remain closed (that is, the rocker relaxed
and just hangin' loose at .006") until it comes on for duty in the
cycle... then you watch the rocker swing as it opens its valve, then it'll
return again to the relaxed position.

	It is in this relaxed position that the adjustment needs to
happen.  Some folks (not me, heh) do some slick move where they put the
engine in one orientation, jump around from cylinder to cylinder to adjust
all of the relaxed valves, turn the engine once, and then finish adjusting
the remaining valves.

	For us mere mortals, though, the Muir-described routine of
adjusting at TDC is best.  However, the first time a friend and I ever
adjusted valves, we had our reference off, and all the valves were *super*
tight -- we couldn't believe it.  Well, you guessed it -- were were
adjusting rockers that were under tension.

	Anyway, that's why I'm suggesting watching the valves work while
somebody turns it over.  It gives you a nice sense of what's going on, and
can make things more certain (like, if you've got the dizzy gear installed
in the wrong orientation, and that's throwing you off, etc.).

-Greg