Re: [T3] Low power until the engine warms up

>Good (5 ATDC). Valves OK. Idle 800.

Is this correct.  According to Bentley the 72 FI should be timed at 5 BTDC.
Then again in the timing specs at http://www.hallvw.clara.net/type3ign.htm
<http://www.hallvw.clara.net/type3ign.htm>  it depends on your engine
number.  But I do not think it is ever 5 ATDC.  My 72 is having a similar
problem and I am at 5 BTDC.
On a related point, does vacuum hoses disconnect and plugged mean:
disconnected from the ignition distributor and plugged (so they are still
connected to the air distributor) or disconnected from the air dist and
plugged (still connected to ignition dist and plugged)? Anybody able to
clear this up?

Thanks,
 Jason Smith
'72 Fastback FI AT