Re: [T3] Low power until the engine warms up

<x-flowed>

>I have been reading the series of posts for people with rough running
> >engines/power loss
>because I have been having a similar problem.  The engine lacks power
> >until it warms up

>I have a 69 SQBK with a 72 FI Engine/Manual Trans.  The dizzy is >single
>vacuum advance.
>From the earlier posts I double-checked my tune-up specs.  Points OK
>(48 dwell), Timing
>Good (5 ATDC). Valves OK. Idle 800.  Running Voltage 13.8V, Temp Sensors I
>& II check-out okay according to Bentley specs.
>running voltage (13.8V).

>It's less intermittent now, but absolutely dependent on the engine >temp.
>If I try to
>accelerate too quickly it will bog down and backfire sometimes.  Also, >if
>I try to press
>the accelerator in neutral it will do the same thing so it seems to be
> >indepent of load

Some things to check...
1. Voltage at higher RPM's? I have been told that the FI system can be
negatively effected by low voltage.
2. Pressure sensor for the FI, check to see if the diaphragm holds vacuum
3. Vacuum advance can on the dist, see if it holds vacuum.
4. "Accelerator Pump" I forget what this switch is called in the
manual..throttle switch or something like that.

The throttle switch is on the right side of the throttle body, its a little
black box connected to the same shaft teh butterfly is on. Its detailed in
the bently manual. You can check it by turning the key to on (not starting
the engine), then get back the the throttle you open the throttle slowly (by
hand) and listen for a "click". The "click" is the fuel injectors firing,
helps if you are in a quiet place, they arent all that loud. They should
fire a total of 20 times from full close to full open on the throttle.

During the checking of my engine, at one time I had it running with the
throttle switch disconnected, and the engine reacted VERY much like what you
are describing.

Drake
72 square FI