RE: [T3] Original inner wing underseal

<x-charset iso-8859-1>Just recently I had heard there is a special chemical stripper for
undercoat.  Not sure what it is called but I know it exists.

-----Original Message-----
From: jesse [mailto:jesse@reesepress.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 09, 2002 3:31 PM
To: type3@vwtype3.org
Subject: Re:[T3] Original inner wing underseal

Hey Craig,
I used a plastic paint stick. I am sure if you go to the auto body
section of your flaps you will be able to find some sturdy piece of thin
plastic to use.
I started the peeling with a dull screw driver. Once you have a spot you
can pry underneath of the undercoating it's just dirty and really tires
out your arms.
I scraped all my wheel wells and the insides of the front fenders in
about 2 weekends. If you go to the following links you can see the
results.
If you have any questions i have been through this and i may be able to
give you some pointers.
later,
jesse
71 fi squareback

http://yourpage.blazenet.net/jjmojo/21.html
http://yourpage.blazenet.net/jjmojo/22.html
http://yourpage.blazenet.net/jjmojo/three.html

Craig Webb wrote:
Anyone got any pointers on the best way to remove the factory underseal
from
my 1972 squareback?